Monday, May 21, 2007

Daniel Larison is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

The Whippersnapper struggle continues. Too bad Jean Baudrillard is dead, because getting any attention for one post with no analytical content and a hastily written 'about me' is clearly something that's only possible with layers upon layers of simulacra and fantasy. But I'll let blogosphere superhero Daniel Larison speak.
As a young fogey who supports the aspirations of whippersnapper bloggers (isn’t that a redundant description?) to trouble the more esteemed and well-known pundits, I point you to the blog of Matt Zeitlin:....

[whippersnapper] is in one sense a perfect word to use for all bloggers, who are, in the grand scheme of things, pretty insignificant and who also presume to hold forth on matters great and small, but it might just as well be applied to all columnists and pundits. An important part of good blogging, it seems to me, involves reminding better-known pundits and columnists that they are not necessarily all that important and authoritative and that they have no monopoly on driving the debate.


In all honesty, I really like Daniel Larison's stuff and I'm really interested in the crack up between paleocons and neocons on foreign policy, and he's, in my humble, uninformed opinion, one of the best for the paleo view on most things. So yeah, thanks a lot Daniel, you're really my first blogospheric fan. I guess I might be getting some love from the TAC and Chronicles crowd, so it looks like I'll need to bone up on my Kirk, Chesterton, Maistre and Eliot. I already like Burke, and I'm not a huge fan of this Iraq fiasco, so maybe being a paleocon is the way to go. On second thought, maybe no, I'd probably just end up like Alexander Konetzki.

Again, another post with no real content of the type I hope to provide soon. I was literally in the midst of writing a post about Robert Kagan, but I guess that will have to wait.

Daniel Larison, don't let anyone tell you that you're not a hero.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmm. You're a little too good at playing obsequious. But, then again, a recommendation from Mr. Larison is a notable start for a young blogger and his young blog. I'm staying tuned.